Date:      Thu, 2 Jan 2003 11:20:38 +0100
From:      Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser@bellavista.cz>
To:        Fernando Gleiser <fgleiser@cactus.fi.uba.ar>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: burning audio CD's from mp3's

# fgleiser@cactus.fi.uba.ar / 2002-12-30 15:29:35 -0300:
> On Mon, 30 Dec 2002, Roman Neuhauser wrote:
> > I have a few mp3 files I'd like to burn an audio cd from. I use mpg321
> > for playing mp3's, and burncd to burn cd's, so my first thought was:
> > let's pipe them together. I read the man pages, and tried this:
>
> I had good look with mpg123 to convert the mp3 into wav, and then using
> cdrecord to burn them into a cd.

    I guess I didn't make myself clear enough. The problem is not
    converting the mp3's to wav files or burning those. It's that I
    wanted to do it in one pipe:

    mpg321 -s- $files | burncd -ends 16 audio - fixate

    as opposed to:

    for f in $files; do mpg321 -s $f.raw $f; done
    burncd -ends 16 audio *.raw fixate

    I guess this is just not possible. Not that this is of any
    importance or anything...