Date:      Tue, 27 Aug 1996 09:38:19 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Philippe Regnauld <regnauld@tetard.glou.eu.org>
To:        sos@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org (hackers)
Subject:   Re: Specs on a Hitachi CM2085me monitor anybody ??

sos@FreeBSD.org écrit / writes:

> > 	For the intended  purpose, I  don't  think full chipset support  is
> > 	required :-) Generic VGA should suffice, AFAI.
> >
> > 	Søren ?
>
> AAAAARRRGGGHHH!!!!
>
> I NEW this would happen :(

	Just asking ! :-P

> V&H-sync rates in a limited fashion, but getting more than 80
> chars across is not among that. I is possible to do *some*
> textmodes whith changed V&H-sync rates to fit a "wierd"
> monitor, but thats all...

> Sorry for those extended modes, no luck...

	I didn't have 132x60 in mind,  just plain 80x25  so I don't have to
	keep switching VGA  plugs in the back of  the box (at over  100 MHz
	bandwitdh, VGA switches are useles unless they're digital, and then
	they're *very* expensive).

	But as Terry pointed out (and the problem was  also brought up last
	time), any user land stuff would  just blow away  and be useless in
	kernel debugging (resetting the VGA board).

	Wish I could  find  a high  IRQ  serial card for  a  serial console
	*sigh* :-)

								-- Phil

	PS: Anyway, there are few weirdos like us with strange monitors out
	there.

--
-[ Philippe Regnauld / regnauld@eu.org / +55.4N +11.3E @ Sol3 / +45 31241690 ]-
-[ "To kärve or nøt to kärve, that is the qvestion..."          -- My sister ]-