Date:      Thu, 13 Jun 2002 22:14:14 -0700
From:      Doug Barton <DougB@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Eric Anderson <anderson@centtech.com>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: roles

Eric Anderson wrote:

> What exactly is the role of the committer?

	The only thing that distinguishes a committer from any other
contributor to the project is the ability to add his or her contribution
directly to the cvs tree.

> I'm trying to figure out a way to help with the
> FreeBSD project, so I'll looking at pretty much any aspect of helping out.  Any
> ideas?

	The single best way to contribute to the project is to pick something
to work on that you will enjoy for its own sake. That way, even if the
project decides not to use your work, you'll have already achieved
something worthwhile.

Doug