Date:      Fri, 11 Mar 2005 11:21:31 -0800 (PST)
From:      Arshkit Dullat <arshkit@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   sendmail authentication relay

I am trying to setup Sendmail Authentication Relay on
my Mail Server. For this I am trying to install the
CYRUS SASL Libraries.
I did a quick compile and build after untarring it to
a directory /usr/local/src/

/configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc
--infodir=/usr/share/info --mandir=/usr/share/man
--enable-login

and then "make" and "make install"

I tried to run the SASL Authentication Daemon :
using the following command :

saslauthd -a shadow

but I get this message ;

[root@safari sasl2]# saslauthd -a shadow
saslauthd[10615] :main            : could not chdir
to: /var/state/saslauthd
saslauthd[10615] :main            : chdir: No such
file or directory
saslauthd[10615] :main            : Check to make sure
the directory exists and is
saslauthd[10615] :main            : writeable by the
user this process runs as.

Right now , I donot authenticate ppl for checking and
sending their mails, I need to implement a RELAY so
that I dont have to add the IP Addresses of all users
who might want to access mail using my mailserver.

Am a newbie in this stuff so need help.

thanks