Date:      Mon, 12 Jan 1998 13:02:17 +1030
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
Cc:        =?ISO-8859-1?Q?I=F1aky_P=E9rez_Gonz=E1lez?= <inaky@peloncho.fis.ucm.es>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Development of a UNIX-wide USB standard API

> BTW I've redirected this to 'hackers@freebsd.org
> as that's where development occurs (and in 'current')

Thanks Julian; we've been looking for something like this for a while
now.  8)

> On Sat, 10 Jan 1998, [ISO-8859-1] Iñaky Pérez González wrote:
>
> >         Hi

G'day!

> >         I'm the developer of the Linux USB Driver Stack. I wanted to
> > let you know there's some interest at the USB Implementors Forum in
> > the creation of a UNIX-wide USB API standard, and we'd like all
> > flavours of Unix to attend.

At the moment, I don't believe there's anyone in the FreeBSD camp
active on USB.  Having said that, I'm sure that there are more than a
few people that would be *very* interested in seeing USB happen in a
standardised fashion.  Whether any of us would be able to attend USB
forum meetings is perhaps a different matter.  8(

> >         Initially I was developing a Linux-only driver, however I
> > started to try to make it portable to other free OSes. Anyhow, one day
> > the suggestion of a UNIX USB compatible API raised and we are trying
> > to get something done. Initially we are just calling people to join
> > and give ideas (actually interested parties have something done).

Naturally.  Is there a mailing list or other forum where one might
listen and perhaps contribute to the process?

\\  end it's only with yourself.  \\