Date:      Wed, 30 Jan 2002 21:09:58 -0500
From:      "Alex Toushek" <toushek@canadiangeneral.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   DNS Reverse

------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C1A9D2.2CFA1DE0

I have 2 upstream providers, 1 I know I have reverse authority over my IP
blocks. The other one says I do but I am doubtful. I am runing bind 9 with
FreeBSD 4.1 on my DNS server. I have a class c from the one upstream with
the working reverse records and a /27 from the other with out the working
reverse records. How can I confirm that I am setup correctly. This is
driving me nuts and I am getting a lot of rejected mail from my hosts
because it cannot resolve the IP correctly to the domain?

Alex

------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C1A9D2.2CFA1DE0

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3DWindows-1252">
6.0.5762.3">
<TITLE>DNS Reverse</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<!-- Converted from text/rtf format -->

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I have 2 upstream providers, 1 I know I =
have reverse authority over my IP blocks. The other one says I do but I =
am doubtful. I am runing bind 9 with FreeBSD 4.1 on my DNS server. I =
have a class c from the one upstream with the working reverse records =
and a /27 from the other with out the working reverse records. How can I =
confirm that I am setup correctly. This is driving me nuts and I am =
getting a lot of rejected mail from my hosts because it cannot resolve =
the IP correctly to the domain?</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Alex</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C1A9D2.2CFA1DE0--