Date:      Wed, 1 Feb 2006 14:41:56 -0500
From:      Richard Bejtlich <taosecurity@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-openoffice@freebsd.org
Cc:        fernan@iib.unsam.edu.ar
Subject:   Re: openoffice 2.0 package issues

Fernan Aguero wrote:

> I want to install the current version of
> editors/openoffice-2.0, and I've got across some issues:
>
> i. pkg_name

> I've downloaded OOo_SRC680_m146_FreeBSD60Intel_install_en-US.tbz from
> ftp://ooopackages.good-day.net/pub/OpenOffice.org/FreeBSD/2.0m146/FreeBSD=
6/
> but 'portinstall -PP editors/openoffice-2.0' fails because
> it looks for a package named 'openoffice-2.0.1.tbz'
>
> I remember writing about this issue in the past ... so here
> I go again, what is the reason for this port to behave
> differently than the rest of the ports regarding the package
> name?
>
> if the package name is the one that's expected by all the
> ports tools, then we can just set PACKAGE_SITE and
> use portupgrade/portinstall easily enough:
> setenv PACKAGE_SITE
>ftp://ooopackages.good-day.net/pub/OpenOffice.org/FreeBSD/2.0m146/FreeBSD6=
/
> portinstall -PP editors/openoffice-2.0
>
> Perhaps you need the information encoded in the pkg_name:
> m146 (milestone?) or SRC680 (snapshot?) Why not set this in
> the port, perhaps in PORTREVISION?

Hello,

I am curious about this too.  OpenOffice.org seems to personify all
the reasons one would want to install using packages vs. building the
port, especially on older hardware.

Why is the OpenOffice.org package treated so differently?

How do people install and manage the packages provided at
http://porting.openoffice.org/freebsd/ ?

Thank you,

Richard