Date:      Wed, 22 Jul 2015 00:07:15 -0453
From:      "William A. Mahaffey III" <wam@hiwaay.net>
Cc:        "FreeBSD Questions !!!!" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD & Docker

On 07/21/15 19:28, kpneal@pobox.com wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 21, 2015 at 05:23:55PM -0453, William A. Mahaffey III wrote:
>>
>> I noticed a reference to something called docker in "pkg rquery -a
>> '%n-%v' > LIST.available.txt" output:
>>
>> [wam@kabini1, ~, 4:06:52pm] 309 % grep ocker /etc/LIST.available.txt
> I don't know anything about Docker. But...
>
> It's bad practice to put temporary files in "/etc". You'll end up forgetting
> about it and then have to clean it all up sometime in the future. If you
> put it in /tmp then you can pretty much forget about it.

Good point on those LIST files, they are indeed temporary files for my
use, but they are regenerated whenever I do a pkg upgrade (manually), so
I don't think they are much of an issue. They are strictly for the
convenience of not having to go online to recover that info, solely for
my use, no daemons or utilities. Your point is still well taken. Thanks
:-).

--

	William A. Mahaffey III

	 ever devised by man."