Date:      Thu, 20 Mar 2003 15:21:18 -0600 (CST)
From:      Rich Winkel <rich@math.missouri.edu>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Inspiron 8200: resuming from suspend breaks video mode

Hi, this may be a question for the xpert list also, but I thought I'd
run it by here first:
I have 4.6.2-release running with xfree86 4.3.0 on an inspiron 8200 with
a geforce 2 card in 1400x1050 16-bit mode.  Suspend seems to work
ok for everything but x11.  When I resume from suspend while running
x11, the bottom of the screen is moved up half-way with the top
wrapped around to the bottom, though the mouse thinks everything
is in its normal place.  Further use of x11 usually results in a
panic (free-busy).  I get similar behavior if there's a pccard
inserted at suspend time.  If neither is true (no x11, no pccard),
it works fine.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!
Rich