Date:      Mon, 9 Nov 1998 15:14:23 -0500
From:      Lee Cremeans <lee@st-lcremean.tidalwave.net>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Encryption coprocessor, part 2.

All right, I've figured out what I want to do with the packets (though a
zero-copy implementation would be faster, I doubt it's easy to do here). I'm
going to set up a list of buffers in memory, then feed their address to the
chip as needed...(actually, it'll be four rings, since there are 4 DMA
channels). What I need to know now is what the best way would be to get the
user buffers into the kernel (I'm assuming we'd be trying to send pointers
to all four at once, then copying).
--
Lee Cremeans -- Manassas, VA, USA  (WakkyMouse on DALnet and WTnet)
A! JW223 YWD+++^ri P&B++ SL+++^i GDF B&M KK--i MD+++i P++ I++++ Did