Date:      Fri, 25 Feb 2000 13:09:51 -0500
From:      Dennis <dennis@etinc.com>
To:        Luigi Rizzo <luigi@info.iet.unipi.it>, Chris Cook <ccook@tcworks.net>
Cc:        Andrey Novikov <novikov@webclub.ru>, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ipfw & bandwidth

At 08:15 PM 2/19/00 +0100, Luigi Rizzo wrote:
>> Hello All,
>>
>> This thread has reminded me of a question I've been meaning to ask.
>> Does dummynet and ipfw support traffic shaping or something more like
>> Committed Access Rate for bandwidth limiting?  Thanks...
>
>i'd say traffic shaping yes, because i have no idea of what
>you mean by "Committed Access Rate"

Our product runs in FreeBSD and can guarantee minimum bandwidth. CAR is a
very bad term (cisco-speak) because it doesnt actually do what it imples in
practice :-)

dennis
Emerging Technologies, Inc.
---------

http://www.etinc.com
ISA and PCI T1/T3/V35/HSSI Cards for FreeBSD and LINUX
Multiport T1 and HSSI/T3 UNIX-based Routers
Bandwidth Management Standalone Systems
Bandwidth Management software for LINUX and FreeBSD
DSL Frame Relay Bridging over T1 and T3