Date:      Thu, 8 Jul 2010 22:22:19 +0200
From:      Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Karl Pielorz <kpielorz@tdx.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-geom@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 7.3-Stable / GEOM issue with ZFS attach/replace & zvol's...

--ADZbWkCsHQ7r3kzd

On Thu, Jul 08, 2010 at 09:11:49PM +0100, Karl Pielorz wrote:
>=20
>=20
> --On 08 July 2010 21:20 +0200 Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd@FreeBSD.org> wrote:
>=20
> >>At the moment this is stopping me from replacing a failing drive which
> >>is  part of a zpool mirror set :(
> >
> >This was fixed in r200126, but wasn't MFCed to 7. I recommend upgrading
> >to 8.1 once it is released.
>=20
> Thanks - I did do quite a bit of digging around for similar issues, but=
=20
> missed it'd been fixed (I guess it's the usual problem of working out the=
=20
> right things to lookup)...
>=20
> I might leap before 8.1 is released (appears to be RC2 atm) - as I really=
=20
> need to replace the drive...

If you can turn off ZVOLs for a moment and do the replacement, you could
do the following:

	# zfs volfini

This command will removed all ZVOLs from /dev/ and they won't be a
problem during replace. Once you're done just call:

	# zfs volinit

--=20
pjd@FreeBSD.org                           http://www.FreeBSD.org

--ADZbWkCsHQ7r3kzd