Date:      Thu, 8 Mar 2001 03:11:23 -0800 (PST)
From:      "tjk@tksoft.com" <tjk@tksoft.com>
To:        craig@allmaui.com (Craig Cowen)
Cc:        tjk@tksoft.com (tjk@tksoft.com), freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG (freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG)
Subject:   Re: ipmon via syslog

It depends.

You might have a cron entry for rotating logs with "newsyslog." In
that case you could specify the daemon to send a signal to, in the
/etc/newsyslog.conf file.

The /etc/newsyslog.conf has lines like this:

/var/log/ipf.log  664  3  5000  604800  Z  /var/run/syslog.pid

This would send a HUP signal to syslog when the logs are rotated.
(at 5 Mb, not more often than once a week).

Troy