Date:      Thu, 06 Jul 2000 13:50:34 -0400
From:      Boucher Eric <eric.boucher24@sympatico.ca>
To:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   configuring the modem

Hi,

I have a problem configuring my modem. In fact, I don't know if it is
configure or not.

1. I want to know, I do I know if the modem is on the right port
(cuaa0,1,2 or 3)?

2. Is there some drivers like they use in Microsoft Windows or FreeBSD
detect it automatically?

3.Where (in which file) do I mension my modem (if there is one)?

4. Is there a test that I can do to see if my modem work properly and at
the good port when all is done.

I am not able to log on the internet and I think that my modem is the
problem, because it doesn't dial at all. I sent my ppp.conf file a few
weeks ago here and I did everything they told me to try, but it still
doesn't work. Can somebody help me?

Thanks