Date:      Fri, 21 Apr 2000 13:45:59 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@3-cities.com>
To:        Justin <asmo@zeus.larp.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Question about UltraDMA flags?

Justin wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Basically how do youmake sure a IDE hard drive is set as UDMA? Is there a
> Flag you need to add in the Kernal config? Is there a DOC explaining this?

It depends on which version of the system you are using. If you are
running <4.0, then you have to look at the flags in the /etc/LINT. I
ran with "flags 0xa0ffa0ff" on my kernel config until 4.0 came out. It
defaults to UDMA but you can turn that off with entries in your
/etc/sysctl.conf file. These are called out in "man ata".

Kent

> Thanks all
> Justin
>
> please reply to asmo@bck.org

Kent Stewart
Richland, WA

mailto:kstewart@3-cities.com

SETI(Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence) @ HOME
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/

Hunting Archibald Stewart, b 1802 in Ballymena, Antrim Co., NIR
http://www.3-cities.com/~kstewart/genealogy/archibald_stewart.html