Date:      Wed, 18 Jan 1995 09:20:03 -0600
From:      awd@ddg.com (Andrew W. Donoho)
To:        rsoles@SIRIUS.COM (Roger L Soles), questions@FreeBSD.org, hardware@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ep Driver and the 3c509B-TPO

Roger and FreeBSD folks,

You wrote:
>You should be able to boot DOS and run the 3C5X9cfg.exe program
>and disable auto-sensing; you can select whether you want the
>AUI, TP, or Coax on combos; or AUI/TP, AUI/Coax on other cards.

Thanks for the suggestion...

I tried that but since this card only supports 10baseT, the Autosensing is
permanently on. The config program you suggested will not allow me to
change that setting. I think that I am between the proverbial rock and the
hardplace.

>It should work -- I don't have any problem running with the Combos.

Again, thanks for the suggestion.

Andrew Donoho
awd@ddg.com