Date:      Wed, 6 Mar 2002 00:46:03 -0500
From:      Brian T.Schellenberger <bts@babbleon.org>
To:        Peter Leftwich <Hostmaster@Video2Video.Com>, Mahlon <mahlon-dated-1015816890.6d95eb@martini.nu>
Cc:        Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz>, Andreas Fiedler <mail@computerservice-fiedler.de>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: $ character in user names [my bad]

On Wednesday 06 March 2002 12:07 am, Peter Leftwich wrote:
| (Ooops, sorry about that.  I thought we were talking 'manual.')
|
| P.S. Why anyone would want to samba across from Win32 to UFS is beyond me.

Probably because they have a bunch of Windows users who want it to "just
work" and they want to get to able to share files?

I do this . . . share my printer and my files (a portion of my file system)
to Samba.  Doesn't seem at all odd.  Sure a lot easier than teaching Windows
& it's users to use FTP or something . . . .

--
Brian T. Schellenberger . . . . . . .   bts@wnt.sas.com (work)
                                ME -->  http://www.babbleon.org