Date:      Fri, 27 Jan 2006 08:30:15 -0500
From:      Gerard Seibert <gerard@seibercom.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Building SAMBA errors

I seem to be having a problem with reinstalling Samba. I have updated
the ports tree; however, the version of Samba, at least according to the
'Makefile' is 2.2.12 . Samba is up to at least 3.20 or something like
that. It was available in the ports just a few days ago I believe.

when I attempt to build the file I am greated with this message:

===>  samba-2.2.12_1 has known vulnerabilities:
=> samba -- integer overflow vulnerability.
   Reference: <http://www.FreeBSD.org/ports/portaudit/3b3676be-52e1-11d9-a9e7-0001020eed82.html>;
=> Please update your ports tree and try again.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/net/samba.

I think something is wrong here, but I am not sure what. What can I do
to correct this problem? Updating the ports does not seem to be working
correctly.

--
Gerard Seibert
gerard@seibercom.net