Date:      27 Nov 2002 11:13:51 -0500
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Vivek Khera <vivek@khera.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD GNOME Users <gnome@freebsd.org>, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: mozilla-devel-1.2b

--=-Bgbe4BRtIutXeuyHdOya

On Wed, 2002-11-27 at 11:04, Vivek Khera wrote:
> The latest commit to mozilla-devel, 1.2b-2, has a start script that
> breaks many existing apps.
>
> For example, the klipper application in KDE is configured to pass URLs
> to mozilla via this command:
>
> mozilla -remote "openURL(%s, new-window)"
>
> as is the VM mail reader.  I'm sure there are others that assume this
> command line convention.
>
> The current mozilla-devel start script breaks when called with this
> command line; it assumes that to open a URL, one just gives the URL
> alone on the command line.
>
> Could you fix it so that if a -remote option is given, it just uses it?

I have been testing a modified version, but I haven't heard feedback
from my test user.  If you want to test it, and let me know, I can try
and get it in before 5.0-RELEASE.  The new script is attached.

Joe

> Thanks.

--=-Bgbe4BRtIutXeuyHdOya

#!/bin/sh

MOZILLA_DIR="/usr/X11R6/lib/mozilla"
MOZILLA_EXEC="mozilla"
LOCATION='new-tab'

cd $MOZILLA_DIR                                     || exit 1

case $1 in
    -mail)
    	REMOTE_COMMAND="xfeDoCommand (openInbox)"
	;;
    -*)
    	exec ./$MOZILLA_EXEC "$@"
	;;
    *)
    	REMOTE_COMMAND="openURL($@, $LOCATION)"
	;;
esac

# process found
./$MOZILLA_EXEC -remote "ping()"                    &&
./$MOZILLA_EXEC -remote "$REMOTE_COMMAND"           && exit 0

# no existing process
exec ./$MOZILLA_EXEC "$@"

--=-Bgbe4BRtIutXeuyHdOya--