Date:      Sun, 7 Jul 2002 22:01:34 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Peter W Schmiedeskamp <pschmied@selway.umt.edu>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Netgear 802.11 PCMCIA

 Hello,  I have a Compaq Armada E500 laptop that I am working on with a
TI12XX PCI pcmcia controller.  FreeBSD is 4.6-RELEASE

 I am trying to get a NetGear MA401 802.11 Wireless card to work.  I
insert the card, and it beeps and says:

pccard: card inserted, slot 0

Then, the error:

pccardd[49]: No card in database for "(null)"("(null)")

There is an entry in /etc/defaults/pccard.conf for this exact model of
card, but the CIS data doesn't seem to be correctly read.

There are a number of devices, including the PCMCIA controller, the
built-in ethernet, the modem and a couple others on IRQ 11.  I have
tried setting various permutations of the hw.pcic.ignore_function_1,
hw.pcic.init_routing, hw.pcic.intr_path, and hw.pcic.irq to no
avail.  I've also tried hard setting the IRQ in the kernel, but it still
ends up on IRQ 11.

Any ideas on how to get this to work?

-Peter