Date:      6 Oct 2000 11:20:28 -0700
From:      area-51@canada.com
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Installign FreeBSD 4.1 on Thinkpad 600X

Hi all;

I am trying to install FBSD 4.1 on a Thinkpad 600X
(64Meg(fixed), 12Gig, DVD).

I get "unable to live if I can't run init" after
putting the MFSROOT disk in.

I looked at the mail list archives and found several
references to removing memory but, my 64Meg is fixed
and can't be removed.

2 solutions come to mind:

First, get a generic kernel from some kind person and,
Second, set some boot time options....

NOTE: I do not have FBSD installed anywhere else to
build a custom kernel.

Can anyone offer some ideas ?

P.S. I have aleady sent this to the hardware list
and have had no responses yet.

-