Date:      Thu, 2 Mar 1995 08:23:06 +1100
From:      Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
To:        jeffh@cybernetics.net, michael@cybernetics.net
Cc:        bugs@FreeBSD.org, questions@FreeBSD.org, sos@freefall.cdrom.com, wpaul@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: 021095-SNAP

>> I've not been able to boot the latest snapshot version on at least 3
>> machines at my disposal.  They are all of varying configurations and

>I had this same thing happen to me.  What always get me by it (this may
>be totally different from what's happening with you) is to repeatedly tap
>the num lock key while it's booting.

Recent bootstraps probe the keyboard.  It would appear that the probe is
simpler than possible.  It only does about half of what the keyboard probe
in syscons does.  In particular, it doesn't read the second byte returned
is ready, but the much longer delay than in syscons probably allows things
to work.  The syscons probe seems to be missing a test for the data to be
ready in one place.

Bruce