Date:      Fri, 15 Jan 1999 09:59:27 -0500
From:      "J. W. Ballantine" <jwb@akiva.homer.att.com@ulysses.homer.att.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   packages and os version problem

Hi,

I've been tracking 2.2-stable through several releases via CTM.  Recently I tried to add a package
from the 2.2.8-RELEASE cd after I had updated to 2.2.8-stable and I got a message about the package
being for 2.2.8-RELEASE, but the system was version 2.2.X (where X was the original release I loaded).

When I attempted to run a package I have added, I received the following error:

tinlizzie $ /usr/local/Acrobat3/bin/acroread sport336.pbf
The OS named FreeBSD version 2.2.8-STABLE is currently not installed.
Try running on a installed platform and connecting to your display.
Installed platform(s) include the following:
  Intel/Linux

uname -a on the system is:

FreeBSD tinlizzie.jwb.com 2.2.8-STABLE FreeBSD 2.2.8-STABLE #0: Sat Jan  9 18:31:50 EST 1999     root@tinlizzie.jwb.com:/usr/src/sys/compile/MYKERNEL  i386

Any ideas on what is going on???