Date:      Fri, 14 May 1999 10:12:47 +0300
From:      "Andy V. Oleynik" <andyo@prime.net.ua>
To:        brianch@us.ibm.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: file system error

That's why U didnt configure ur netscape to expire messages periodically.
~/.netscape dir contains  web cach & ~/nsmail contains ur mailfolders which
grow rapidly. Try to clean web cach by hand, after U'll be able to start X and
to clean ur mailboxes from netscape.
brianch@us.ibm.com wrote:

> I am a FreeBSD newbie and I have been using FreeBSD on my home computer since
> December 1998.  So far, I have only been using FreeBSD to do email with
> netscape.  Recently I have been getting error messages stating that I could not
> write to a file because it was full.  This message only occurs when I try to
> move an email to a different folder or a similar mail function.  Today I could
> not even start x-windows with the startx command because of the file system full
> error.  The exact error message is :  "myname /kernel: pid 225 (m4), uid 0 on /:
> file system full"  Can you help me to get this problem resolved?
>
> When I do a df command, what is the significance of each of the entries listed
> in the output?  The first one in the list on my computer is at 104% capacity!!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Brian

WBW  Andy V. Oleynik  (When U work in virtual office
                       U have good chance to obtain virtual money ö%-)