Date:      Sun, 07 Jul 2013 17:51:09 +0200
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Ren=E9_Ladan?= <rene@freebsd.org>
To:        Gabor Kovesdan <gabor@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        FBSD Doc project <doc@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: [CFT] merging projects/entities

On 07-07-2013 17:27, Gabor Kovesdan wrote:
> Em 07-07-2013 17:19, René Ladan escreveu:
>> Do you mean that the email declarations in share/xml/authors.ent should
>> be removed again? For clarity I would prefer this, but this (and the
>> email XSLT templates) seem necessary to get
>> &a.committer.email; working in both the articles/books and webpages,
>> and for the latter it removes the need to write the cumbersome
>> "&a.committer; &lt;<a
>> href="mailto:committer@FreeBSD.org">committer@FreeBSD.org</a>&gt;"
>> (in head, with &a.committer pulled in from the removed
>> share/xml/developers.ent) as
>> "&a.committer.email;" suffices.
> No, I'm talking about the XML namespace. The xmlns=... part should be
> removed completely from email and this should also be reflected in the
> XHTML renderer XSLT, that is, email instead of xhtml:email. In turn,
> the template can be totally removed from the DocBook XSLT since
> DocBook handles properly the email element in the default (empty)
> namespace.

Hm, if I understand correctly, these changes lose the role='nolink'
functionality in DocBook (i.e. there is now always a clickable link) and
for XHTML they results in build errors:

namespace warning : Namespace default prefix was not found
&a.tabthorpe; <email>tabthorpe@FreeBSD.org</email>
                    ^

Diff at http://people.freebsd.org/~rene/entities-gabor.diff

René