Date:      Thu, 3 May 2001 09:37:19 -0700
From:      Matthew Hunt <mph@astro.caltech.edu>
To:        Chris <kingsqueak@kingsqueak.org>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG, J Ramos <JRAMOS2@nc.rr.com>
Subject:   Re: Minicom alternatives

On Thu, May 03, 2001 at 09:57:59AM -0400, Chris wrote:

> /usr/ports/comms/minicom
> You mean 'that' minicom?

I'm sure he does, but...

wopr:/usr/ports/comms/minicom$ grep FORBIDDEN Makefile
FORBIDDEN=      "Local exploit yielding setuid uucp"

It's there, but it's FORBIDDEN due to a security bug.  If you don't
care and want to live dangerously, comment out the FORBIDDEN line.

I haven't needed a modem terminal program in years, but I used to
use minicom and Seyon.  You might try the latter.  It's an X program,
though.

--
Matthew Hunt <mph@astro.caltech.edu> * UNIX is a lever for the
http://www.pobox.com/~mph/           * intellect. -J.R. Mashey