Date:      Fri, 4 Aug 2000 08:48:42 +0200
From:      Martin Svensson <martin.svensson@masystem.se>
To:        "'questions@freebsd.org'" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Firewall & divert.

I currently use FreeBSD 3.4 with natd setup as a filtering firewall. I
wonder if i upgrade to FreeBSD 4.1 will i still be able to use divert?
between two interfaces?

As it is not i have OPTION IPDIVERT and OPTION FIREWALL in the kernel.
And i got the default rule set plus my own test setting:
ipfw add deny tcp from any to any 0-1024 via ed0 in
Is that right? Shouldn't it block any incoming tcp traffic to ports 0-1024?
If i apply a rule in the console will it come in use directly or do i have
to reboot or restart a process? Becourse this rules doesn't work. I have ed1
as 192.168.0.* as my local network, and ed0 (DHCP INTERNET). Is there any
documentation for FreeBSD 4.1 on what has been uppdated regarding
configuration files and command changed such as ipfw?

Best regards
Martin

Martin Svensson
MA-System Control AB