Date:      Sun, 31 Mar 2002 14:40:21 +0000
From:      Josh Paetzel <friar_josh@webwarrior.net>
To:        docs@freebsd.org
Cc:        darklogik@pittgoth.com, setantae@submonkey.net
Subject:   Re: docs/35723

> >Well I don't think we should refer to PRs in manpages for one.
> >
> hmmm, Ceri, why don't we cut from the PR listing down?

Well I also don't think that we should say "this driver...appears to
be
no longer actively maintained".
Which means that I don't like two thirds of the suggested patch, which
is really quite a lot for a 27 word patch.

Far better would something like "This driver causes kernel panics".
And I don't like that either :)

Ceri

My thinking was that this will be a temporary deal.  Either the driver
will be dropped, and there will be no need for the man page, and
certainly no danger of a user hanging his system by using it, or the
driver will be fixed, in which case there will be no need to say that
the driver is broken.  I referenced the PR on the driver because it is
the most direct source of informantion on what is happening with the
driver, if there's a better way of getting that info into the man
page, or getting people pointed to that info by all means do it.

Josh