Date:      Mon, 25 Nov 2002 10:29:12 -0500 (EST)
From:      Robert Watson <rwatson@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Munish Chopra <mchopra@engmail.uwaterloo.ca>
Cc:        FreeBSD-CURRENT <current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: [Where] is OpenOffice 1.0.1_4 package available?

On Mon, 25 Nov 2002, Munish Chopra wrote:

> On 2002-11-25 08:30 +0000, a@grunix.com wrote:
> >
> > http://projects.imp.ch/openoffice/
> >
> > But, i tried to install that package on my FreeBSD 5.0-CURRENT, well it
> > went fine, but when i try to run openoffice, i will get a "Segmentation
> > fault".
> > Hope you will have more luck.
>
> As it says in the README, you need procfs to run it. This dependency
> will supposedly be removed in the (near?) future.

Presumably openoffice should be trivially changeable to use something
other than procfs for the cmdline data -- Solaris doesn't appear to
support /proc/pid/cmdline, so it must have support for argc/argv, we just
need to twiddle the right configure bit for openoffice...?

robert@fledge.watson.org      Network Associates Laboratories