Date:      Mon, 29 Dec 2003 14:40:38 +0100
From:      Harald Schmalzbauer <h@schmalzbauer.de>
To:        "Devon H. O'Dell" <dodell@sitetronics.com>
Cc:        force <force@iprimus.com.au>
Subject:   Re: stack exec

--Boundary-02=_a7C8/22eGR/BVR9

On Monday 29 December 2003 12:53, Devon H. O'Dell wrote:
> Harald Schmalzbauer wrote:
> >On Saturday 27 December 2003 01:08, force wrote:
> >>hello,
> >>i'm interested in finding out howto disable stack execution on FreeBSD
> >> 4.x i would also like a list if possible of the related kernel source
> >> files involved in memory management
> >
> >This neat solaris feature? It's not available on FreeBSD (at least for
> > i386 afaik). If you need it, you have to use OpenBSD (or solaris)
> >Regarding the memory management I think you have to have a closer look
> > into the source, ask at freebsd-hackers@ or the developer handbook:
> >http://www.FreeBSD.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/developers-handbook/
> >index.html
> >
> >-Harry
>
> I was checking out how this worked a while ago -- you may want to take a
> look into IBM's
> SSP patches for GCC. I was going to make a port of this, but haven't had
> time. Perhaps this
> is something you could do?

???
Sorry, completely wrong address. Regrettably I'm no hacker, in fact I have=
=20
problems reading simple c code and my knowledge about the design of BSD=20
kernels is limes 0.
I'd be glad if I could since I had the time...

One day I hope to find somebody who can explain me the basics of c=20
programming, not only the semantic and syntax, I have books for that, but t=
he=20
whole bunch of tools and how to efficiently use them. I can't imagine codin=
g=20
with vi nor with these bloated Eclipse is big fun. And then theese=20
overwhelming amount of libraries.....

Sorry, I can't help

=2DHarry

> --Devon