Date:      Fri, 21 Aug 1998 15:16:39 -0700
From:      John Derk <johnderk@infoserve.net>
To:        Steve Friedrich <SteveFriedrich@Hot-Shot.com>, freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: It's right in front of you dude 8o)OR installing xwindows

Steve Friedrich wrote:

> Config Error: /etc/XF86Config:317
>
>     VertRefresh (null)
>                 ^^^^^^^
> Vertical refresh value expected
> X connection to :0.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown).

Right you are. It was right in front of me. I went into the XF86Config file and replaced the values I thought I had entered
before.

> horizontal and vertical specifications are.  This is discussed in "The Complete FreeBSD" by Greg and the handbook on
> your newly installed system (the handbook is in /usr/share/doc/handbook as handbook.html and you can use lynx to
> view it, if lynx doesn't exist on your system, build it (make) and install it (make install) in /usr/ports/www/lynx)

Thanks for the references, but I can't afford the book just now. As for the handbook, are you sure it discusses Xwindows
configuration at all? If so, which section?

Thanks,
John Derk <johnderk@infoserve.net>