Date:      Fri, 26 Mar 1999 16:37:56 -0800
From:      Ken Marx <kmarx@bigshed.com>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   timidity-0.2i on 2.2.8?

Hi,

Has anyone got timidity working on a 2.2.8 setup?

If I try to build 0.2i from source in /usr/ports/audio/timity
it claims to be broken => fetch.

I downloaded the binaries from www.freebsd.org/ports/audio.html
but the binary complains that:

ELF interpreter /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1 not found
Abort trap

This looks suspiciously like it's for 3.x fbsd. Esp. since the
binary is branded as:

bin/timidity: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (FreeBSD),
dynamically linked, stripped

Any ideas? Thanks!

k.
--
Ken Marx, kmarx@bigshed.com
OK. The dust has not settled but we should analyze the big picture and continue