Date:      Fri, 15 Jan 1999 16:37:02 +0100
From:      HERBELOT Thierry <Thierry.Herbelot@alcatel.fr>
To:        Kevin_Weiss/AUS/Lotus@lotus.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: setup/partitioning of FreeBSD on 8.4 GB drive

Hello,

TRhe setup described in The Book is only for older PCs which cannot boot
from a partition after the 1024th cylinder.

You can just keep your partitions "as is" (1G for M$, 1G to install
FreeBSD).

After installing FreBSD I would suggest that you combine the remaining
three partitions into just one to store all of your data (FreeBSD slice
mounted on /home, for example).

Welcome aboard

	TfH

PS : the G200 must be supported in the latest release of Xfree86 (check
it out on www.xfree86.org)