Date:      Fri, 14 Jul 2000 14:09:47 -0400
From:      "leegold" <goldtech@worldpost.com>
To:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   several newbie ques: ppp, cdcontrol, man, suon?

1 is there anyway to get a table of contents, an index , or a list of all
the commands
described in the man pages?

2. i am trying to find the cammand to give a user selective access to root
only commands. I thought it was  suon  but there's no man pg for that
command.

3. i can only use ppp as root. i tried in rc.config:

ppp_enable="YES"
ppp_mode="auto"
ppp_profile="papchap"

to be able to use ppp as a user. But this is NOT doing what I want - it
dials up ( i don't know where ) at long-in, I REALLY DON"T KNOW WHAT IT"S
DOING. All I want is to be able to callup my ISP as as a user ( not only as
root which is the only way I can do it right now ). I don't want it dialing
automaticly w/out my command.

I just want to be able to log on to my isp as a user. THAT"S ALL.

4. cdcontrol expects I have SCSI cd drive it expects /dev/cd0c or cd0. I use
acd0. SO I have to enter a whole long command line specifying my device for
every command. The man page for cdcontrol says it will default to an env var
CD_MUSIC. ok, how do I set that var to /dev/acd0? Right now there's not such
var.

Thanks