Date:      Thu, 24 May 2001 12:24:09 -0400
From:      Bill Moran <wmoran@iowna.com>
To:        Craig Nuttall <admin@aus.sh>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: problems with var partition

I actually came across this just this morning. A partition that, when
heavily accessed, resulted in a system panic. Luckikly for me, I was
able to newfs the partition and restore the data very easily, and I've
been torture testing it for about 2 hours now with now problems
(previous torture tests resulted in a panic in less than 15 minutes)
I would recommend going to single user mode, doing a dump of the /var
parition, newfsing the partition and then restoring - see if that fixes
it.

-Bill