Date:      Tue, 1 Mar 2005 09:12:59 -0600
From:      Nathan Kinkade <nkinkade@ub.edu.bz>
To:        Rob <tech-admin@rd-hosting.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: dir ~

--GdbWtwDHkcXqP16f

On Mon, Feb 28, 2005 at 04:58:45PM -0000, Rob wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
>      I typed mv file dir/~ and I now have dir/~ but when I go to that it
> takes me to my home which happened to be root, I tried to delete the
> directory and it started deleting roots home. Is there a way to delete th=
is
> ~ dir?

Can you clarify the exact command that you entered and the exact name of
the resulting file?  '/' is not a legal character in a filename, and I'm
fairly certain that the system would not let you create a file with such
a character.  I could be misinterpreting what you wrote, but when it
seems as if you are saying that you literally have a file name 'dir/~'.

Nathan

--GdbWtwDHkcXqP16f

--GdbWtwDHkcXqP16f--