Date:       7 Mar 99 17:52:36 MST
From:      <petefleming@usa.net>
To:        FREEBSD-QUESTIONS@freebsd.org
Subject:   Developing a network...HELP! (kinda off topic)

Hi,

I have been put in charge of developing a FreeBSD based network.  Here is=
 what
the bosses are looking for...I have no where to turn so can someone pleas=
give me some numbers/help.

1) They want a Dual DS3 connection to the net, how much would this cost i=
bandwidth, on average per year, and how much would it cost, on average fo=
r the
line fees?

2) They want a back up power supply, which can last up to 48 hours, again=
 what
is the cost?  Can you give me makes/manufactures as well.

3) What kind of router would be needed for this situation?  Again, cost?

This will be a FreeBSD based network, when all the parts come together, b=
ut
until then I am in the dark.  I am also in charge of hiring a sys. admin.=
=2E.
:-)  =

Any help putting the numbers together would be great/

Thanks,
Peter