Date:      Mon, 17 Jan 2011 14:38:38 -0800
From:      Chip Camden <sterling@camdensoftware.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: harddrive encryption

--UlVJffcvxoiEqYs2

Quoth Chuck Swiger on Monday, 17 January 2011:
> On Jan 17, 2011, at 12:30 PM, Alokat wrote:
> > is it possible to encrypt my full harddrive (excluding /boot) during a =
freebsd installation. Or do I have to do this after the installation manual=
ly?
>=20
> I don't believe the current installer knows about HD encryption.  Do it a=
fter the install by following the fine documentation in the handbook:
>=20
>   http://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/disks-encrypting.html
>=20
> Regards,
> --=20
> -Chuck
>=20
rg"

One thing I don't get from that fine documentation:  is it possible to
take an existing hard drive with data and encrypt it?  Or do I have to
create a new encrypted partition and copy all the files to it?

--=20
Sterling (Chip) Camden | sterling@camdensoftware.com | 2048D/3A978E4F
http://chipsquips.com  | http://camdensoftware.com   | http://chipstips.com

--UlVJffcvxoiEqYs2