Date:      Thu, 02 Nov 2000 12:34:10 -0800 (PST)
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
Cc:        freebsd-smp@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   RE: More on Netfinity 7100 SMP issue ...

On 02-Nov-00 The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> Just wondering if this should be telling me anything?  I'm working withthe
> IBM folks right now on getting this rectified, but don't know if this
> gives me more information to throw at them?
>
> Booting up latest -stable kernel, boot -v gives me:
>
> SMP: AP CPU #1 Launched!
> SMP: CPU: apic_initialize():
>       lint0: 0x00010700 lint1: 0x00010400 TPR: 00000010 SVR: 000001ff
> <hang here>
>
> Again, the machine itself doesn't appear to be hanging, as I can do a
> ctl-alt-del to reboot, it shuts down CPU#0 and everything ...
>
> tomorrow morning, I'm going to hook a laptop up to the serial console and
> do a full 'boot -v' and see if maybe that provides more info?

Compile DDB into the kernel.  When it hangs hit Ctrl-Alt-Esc to break into
the debugger.  Then use 'trace' to get a stacktrace to see where it is
spinning, and use 'ps' to get a list of the current processes.  You might
want to do this with serial console so can you do DDB over the serial
console and cut and paste all the info.