Date:      Tue, 26 Sep 2006 09:57:18 +0200
From:      Erwin Lansing <erwin@FreeBSD.org>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        leeym@FreeBSD.org, ale@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   PHP_VER magic too smart for its own good

--Q0rSlbzrZN6k9QnT

After leeym added graphics/php4-imlib2 slave port to php5-imlib2, I've
been getting a warning in INDEX and an error in the modules check
script. This is due to bsd.php.mk and the slave port both trying to
accomplish the same result via different ways, and thus outsmarting
eachother when php4 is installed on a system.

The problem is:
graphics/php4-imlib2> make -V PKGNAME
php4-imlib2-0.1.00
graphics/php5-imlib2> make -V PKGNAME
php4-imlib2-0.1.00

which of course is completely bogus. We can't have two packages with the
same names in ports. The reason:

graphics/php5-imlib2> make -V DEFAULT_PHP_VER
5
graphics/php5-imlib2> make -V PHP_VER
4

Confused yet? bsd.php.mk does a runtime check to set PHP_VER from
php-config and uses this to build the port, even though the php5 port is
chosen, a php4 binary is built (at least, I hope so, the PKGNAME is
php4). Instead of this confusing magic to install php4 from at php5
port, I prefer that php5-imlib2 gets marked IGNORE when PHP_VER is 4,
both to not confuse our users and to unbreak the INDEX/modules.

-erwin

--=20
Erwin Lansing                                     http://droso.org
Security is like an onion.          (o_ _o)
It's made up of several layers   \\\_\   /_///    erwin@FreeBSD.org
And it makes you cry.            <____) (____>    erwin@aauug.dk

--Q0rSlbzrZN6k9QnT

--Q0rSlbzrZN6k9QnT--