Date:      Thu, 5 Apr 2001 09:44:07 -0500 (EST)
From:      BSD Admin <freebsd@noc.ntelos.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   starting MYSQL

Hey Guys,
I'm installing mysql (via /stand/sysinstall).
It looks like I got the server and client installed.
In the docs, you start the server via:

shell> bin/safe_mysqld --user=mysql &

What I was wondering is how I get the mysqld to start on boot.
Would I put an entry in /etc/default/rc.conf or is there another
place where I should specify by command line?

Thanks for any info,

Ashby

p.s- if anyone has any experience with Request Tracker (ticketing
system) under FreeBSD, please email me as I am looking for the best way to
install on BSD (is there a package in /stand/sysinstall for this?)