Date:      Wed, 9 Aug 2000 13:11:51 -0500 (COT)
From:      Buliwyf McGraw <buliwyf@libertad.univalle.edu.co>
To:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   About Natd and ipfw...

 Hello, i want to do ip masquerade and transparent proxy for an
 intranet using a FreeBSD like a gateway.
 I mean, the server FreeBSD will do all the interface betewen
 Internet and the computers of my intranet.
 We have a router Cisco, and it is configured for sending all
 request of the clients to the server FreeBSD.
 In this moment, masquerading is working good (it is for irc,
 telnet, etc)... the problem is  that we want to do transparent proxy,
 using squid on the same server (The FreeBSD).
 Whats going on?... well, the server have only one network card,
 and we dont know what rules use to make it work like a transparent
 proxy WITHOUT masquerading the http requests from the computers of the
 intranet. We tried several rules, but when we redirect packets to the
 port 8080 in the same machine, all of them are masqueraded and the
 squid dont get nothing.

 The point is, with the same network interface is possible that
 ip masquerade and transparente proxy (with squid in the same
 machine) works ???

 Thanks...

 Buliwyf McGraw
 Administrador del Servidor Libertad