Date:      Sun, 7 Apr 2013 03:29:14 +0200
From:      Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
To:        Parv <parv@pair.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>, Jens Schweikhardt <schweikh@schweikhardt.net>
Subject:   Re: Youtube & Flash Videos broken?

On Sat, 6 Apr 2013 15:23:49 -1000, Parv wrote:
> I have tried some extensions -- e.g. "Flash and Video
> Download", "Download Helper" -- that require a bit of video to be
> played initially before it can be downloaded (outside of YouTube;
> for YouTube videos, I prefer to use youtube_dl).

Yes, "Download Helper" is very prominent in combination
with Firefox. However, it requires interactivity within
the browser. In case that's not desired, youtube-dl can
help. For non-YT-videos, get-flash-videos (a per script)
works in many cases. The result FLV file can be played
comfortably with mplayer. I'm not sure in how far this
combination can be integrated with the web browser...

Again, it's worth noting that you should not touch a
running system. ;-)

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany