Date:      Tue, 31 Mar 1998 15:25:02 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        shimon@simon-shapiro.org
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: One more: emulators/xzx

> b.  If I used this language, you will threaten me with banning from the
>     lists.

No, actually not.  If you read section 25.1.3 of the handbook more
closely, you'll see that it says "Personal attacks and profanity (in
the context of an argument) are not allowed", meaning that it's
perfectly permissible to say "that system you just purchased, sir, is
unfortunately a steaming pile of &$#@%^*!" while it is not permissible
to say "You, sir, are a steaming pile of &$#@%^*! for buying such a
system and I hate you."

We're all (well, mostly :) adults here and we occasionally use adult
language - the charter is not attempting to regulate that.  It's
merely attempting to regulate the language used in personal attacks.
Perhaps I could have better worded that as "Personal attacks and
profanity (in the context of such attacks) are not allowed" since that
is how it was meant.

					Jordan