Date:      Wed, 9 Apr 2003 11:25:42 -0400
From:      "Justin C. Sherrill" <justin@shiningsilence.com>
To:        sos@spider.deepcore.dk
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Anyone useing ATI All-in-wonder cards with xawtv ?

> No change, still blank window, what version of X are you using ?
> However this is a RADEON AIW (R100 based) so that might make the diff...

I had a 8500AIW (R200 chipset) working with the Gatos drivers and xawtv.  It
took some flipping around with the options in xawtv.  You can get to the
right options but the video output will not update until the xawtv window is
moved, for some reason.

The disadvantage is that DRI will break, so you (at this point) will have 3D
or video-in, but not both.  Check back a few weeks in the
multimedia@freebsd.org mailing list, and you'll see me writing about it.