Date:      24 May 2002 15:31:02 -0500
From:      Kirk Strauser <kirk@strauser.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Help!! Normal 4.5 Install Kernel doesn't work.

At 2002-05-24T20:08:39Z, Shaun Newcomer <shaun@ncweb.com> writes:

> I have a machine that I am trying to install 4.5 Release on. It has both
> SCSI drives and Symmetric Multi Processors. The Regular install kernel has
> the wait time for SCSI set to 15 seconds, which is too long.

Too long for what?  I mean, do you grow impatient waiting for the 15 seconds
to elapse, or is the delay somehow causing (more likely: revealing) other
problems?

> It also doesn't have SMP support.

Does it still allow you to install the system and reboot into a running (if
slow) OS?

I'm sorry, but your definition of "doesn't work" isn't clear enough to help
troubleshoot your problem.  If you can give some specific problems, I'm sure
that one of us can help you.
--
Kirk Strauser
The Strauser Group - http://www.strausergroup.com/