Date:      Fri, 4 Feb 2000 16:00:06 -0800
From:      dannyman <dannyman@dannyland.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   will 4.0-RELEASE be STABLE?

i remember once a wizened senior admin telling me that the 3.0-RELEASE wasn't
going to be STABLE, that .0 RELEASE is like an interim RELEASE and that it
takes up the STABLE flag at .1 or something.

was this wizened senior admin a crack smoker citing some ancient, obsoleted
wisdom, or would it behove me to stick with 3.x for the initial 4.0-RELEASE?

is this in a FAQ somewhere?

thanks.

-d

--