Date:      Thu, 24 May 2001 09:33:21 -0700 (PDT)
From:      reu ismil <reuismil@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   make fails

First, I installed a 4.3.1 on in a 420M HD using an
i586 machine with 64M mem and P-S 120Mhz.
using a 50M / ; 80M swap ; 30M /var ; 258M /usr
slices.

It works fine.

But when i run it on a 386 machine with 4M mem it
stops booting and displays this msg:
      swap_pager_getswapspace=FAILED

so i tried to customize my own kernel at the 120Mhz
1586 machine. The prob is when i type make, it stops
because of an error code.

This FreeBSD disk is intended for USER settings only,
No X windows, no NETWORK intended. just plain USER
settings just to familiarize it.

Anyway this is my configuration file:

machine i386
cpu I86_CPU
#cpu I86_CPU
#cpu I86_CPU
#cpu I86_CPU
ident MYKERNEL #Also the filename of the KERNEL
maxusers 4

#makeoptions DEBUG=-g
options MATH_EMULATE
options INET
#options INET6
options FFS
options FFS_ROOT
options MFS
options MD_ROOT
#options NFS
#options NFS_ROOT
#options MSDOSFS
#options CD9660
#options CD9660_ROOT
options PROCFS
options COMPAT_43
options SCSI_DELAY=15000
options UCONSOLE
options USERCONFIG
options VISUAL_USERCONFIG
options KTRACE
#options SYSVSHM
#options SYSVMSG
#options SYSVSEM
options P1003_1B
options _KPOSIX_PRIORITY_SCHEDULING
#options ICMP_BANDLIM
options KBD_INSTALL_CDEV

#options SMP
#options APIC_IO
#options NCPU=2
#options NBUS=4
#options NAPIC=1
#options NINTR=24

device isa
device eisa
device pci

device fdc0
device fd0
device fd1

device ata0
device ata1
device ata
device atadisk
device atapicd
device atapifd
#evice atapist
options ATA_STATIC_ID

#device ahb
#device ahc
#device amd
#device isp
#device ncr
#device sym
#device SYM_SETUP_LP_PROBE_MAP=0x40

#device adv0
#device adw
#device bt0
#device aha0
#device aic0
#device ncv
#device nsp
#device stg

#device scbus
#device da
#device sa
#device cd
#device pass

#device asr
#device dpt
#device mly

#device aac
#device ida
#device amr
#device mlx
#device twe

device atkbdc0
device atkbd0
#device psm0

device vga0

pseudo-device splash

device sc0

#device vt0
#options XSERVER
#options FAT_CURSOR

#options PCVT_SCANSET=2

device npx0

#device apm0

#device card
#device pcic0
#device pcic1

device sio0
device sio1
device sio2
device sio3

device ppc0
device ppbus
device lpt
device plip
device ppl
device vpo

#device de
#device fxp
#device tx
#device vx
#device wx

#device miibus
#device dc
#device pcn
#device rl
#device sf
#device sis
#device ste
#device tl
#device vr
#device wb
#device xl

#device ed0
#device ex
#device ep
#device fe0

#device xe

#device awi

#device wi

#device an

#device ie0
#device le0
#device lnc0
#device cs0
#device sn0

pseudo-device loop
#pseudo-device ether
#pseudo-device sl 1
#pseudo-device ppp 1
#pseudo-device tun
#pseudo-device pty
pseudo-device md
#pseudo-device gif 4
#pseudo-device faith 1

#device uhci
#device ohci
#device usb
#device ugen
#device uhid
#device ukbd
#device ulpt
#device umass
#device ums
#device uscanner

#device aue
#device cue
#device kue

if you want to know my devices for thr i386 on w/c i
will run the HD on,
it has a monitor card, a pci card w/c has a lpt port
attached(probably parallel), the com1 & com2 ports
attached to that card and the IDE1 and FD1
controllers.

Thanks.