Date:      Fri, 12 Mar 1999 10:17:18 -0500
From:      Phil <ReachMe@Syne-Post.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   A boot up problem.

Geeez the ISP where my box is located keeps having power outages on their floor
from somebody down the hall.

And so they restart the machine (Fortunately they also run FreeBSD) and it won't
automatically CLEAN the disks and it just stops.
The sysadmin there manually cleans the disk and then it continues.

Here's a message form him as he is probably more clear than I;

Doubly so because your unix
system also seems to not want to automatically check the filesystems after
an improper shutdown, which keeps it from finishing booting until
it gets some manual intervention.  I'm really curious as to why that is,
and I'd actually like to look into it sometime.

Well that actually doesn't look very technical to me does it.

Anyhow. What can I do to find out why it doesn't want to automatically check the
file system and clean it??

Phil