Date:      Thu, 26 Mar 1998 22:26:36 -0800
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Looking for Voice Mail Man!!

Hi,

Mgetty + Vgetty can be used as a voice answering message . What I am looking
for is for some one to tackle the task of creating a package or system.

The system should have a GUI for configuration and management.
For example , mgetty + vgetty has to be configured by editing
mgetty.config and vgetty.conf .

Possibly, Java with the hordes of IDE and GUI builders easily available
on Win95 can be a way to tackle  the task and almost as no brainer
the same java program could serve as an applet for a web interface.

For the last few years, I have been using mgetty+vgetty as my voice answering
with messages forwarded to my "voicemail" folder . My mail reader is exmh and
it is pretty easy to tie a mime object to a message. In my case, I use
NCD's  Network Audio System for playing back my messages. There is also a
cool Java applet , JaWavedit, for playing audio streams -- actually by now
there are  probably several such applets.

The Revolution for turning FreeBSD boxes into house appliances continues!!

	Have Fun,
	Amancio